Poor dental health can always affect your self confidence. Not only would it spoil your lovely smile, but also cause difficulty in chewing your food and even talking. This is why you should maintain proper oral hygiene. However, poor oral hygiene is not always the reason behind a less-than-perfect smile. Many people have broken or chipped teeth because of an accident. Stains and discolorations might occur due to some diseases or health conditions. For getting a perfect smile you should use the services of a restorative dentist. ‘Restorative dentistry’ improves the function and appearance of damaged teeth. A dentist might even remove and replace a damaged tooth or fill a missing tooth with artificial material. There are a variety of treatment procedures that restorative dentists offer, such as crowns, bridges, or implants.
These major types of dentistry procedures are undertaken to cure the following common dental conditions:
1. Crowns – These act as a protective cover over the damaged teeth. If you have teeth that have been chipped or injured, crowns are the perfect solution to hide the imperfections.
2. Implants – This is a perfect solution for people with missing teeth. Implants fill up the gaps between two teeth and act as a good option for a complete dental makeover.
3. Dental bridges – This procedure (like implants) bridges the gap between two or more missing teeth. It stabilizes the jaw and corrects your smile.
4. Root Canal – Root canal is a procedure that is used by dentists to remove infected tissues in the tooth pulp. These infected tissues cause severe pain and discomfort, and eventually lead to teeth loss.
5. Gum disease – It is characterized by tenderness, swelling, and bleeding in the gums. There are both surgical and non-surgical treatments for such conditions. If you have developed a swelling or tenderness in your gums, immediately visit a dentist for proper treatment before the problem aggravates.
6. TMJ disorders – Such type of disorders occur due to a misaligned bite, teeth grinding (bruxism), and putting undue pressure on your teeth. This is basically a problem of the Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ). When suffering from such disorders, patients also complain about headaches and neck pain.
If teeth problems aggravate to a level when no amount of restorative repair could help, patients are suggested a full-mouth restoration by the dentist. For such surgeries, a dentist often employs both cosmetic and restorative procedures to improve the health of the gums, correct smile, and enhance general teeth functioning.
Are you looking for a dental clinic where you could get all types of surgical and non-surgical treatments? To get treated by a reputed dentist, Lexington based H. David O’Donnell DMD Family Dentistry is a health center where you can always find affordable solutions for cosmetic, restorative, and preventive dental care!