Certified Nursing Assistants are highly needed throughout the State. To be included in state’s nurse aide registry, one must follow the regulations set by Pennsylvania Department of Health Nurse Aide Registry. There are many work opportunities awaiting for those qualified CNAs who wish to work in Pennsylvania. You can visit “swimming” to find relevant information.
Requirements to work as a CNA in Pennsylvania
- Has an active CNA certification
- A good standing employment record
- Good record during criminal background check
- Physically equipped
Salary Average for Certified Nursing Assistant in Pennsylvania
- Between $ 21,000 to $ 33,000
- $ 8.65 – $ 10.87 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Training program criteria in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania CNA training program must have at least 120 hours or more both classroom and clinical training. Some state – approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Renewing Certification in the State of Pennsylvania
To renew CNA Certification in Pennsylvania:
(1) A pre-printed re-certification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2- 3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Registry or visiting the State Registry’s website.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you must have worked and be paid for at least 8 hours for any nursing or nursing related duties in the past 2 years.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Pennsylvania:
(1) Contact Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) If registry provide form, completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
Applying for Reciprocity in Pennsylvania
If an approved CNA moves to Pennsylvania from their home state, applicant must contact Pennsylvania registry to obtain reciprocity form. He or She must have current and active certification and be listed good standing in his or her home state. Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
State Contact Information for CNA Certifications
For more detailed information contact them at:
Division of Nursing Care Facilities
Room 526, Health & Welfare Building
625 Forster Street
Harrisburg, PA 17120
Toll Free #: 800-852-0518
Phone #: 717-787-1816
Pennsylvania Department of Health Nurse Aide Registry
Managed by Pearson VUE
PO Box 13785
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3785
Toll Free #: (800) 852-0518
Lackawanna College – Continuing Education
Main Campus – Scranton
- Cost is $ 2595 plus books and fees
- Consist 200 hours of classroom and clinical training.
Schuylkill Technology Center
Mar Lin PA
- Cost is $ 1250 (Includes book, CPR certification, pin, & fee for state examination)
- Consist 140 hours of classroom and clinical training.
- Five to Eleven Weeks of Training
Beaver County Career and Technology Center
Monaca, PA 15061
- Costs is $ 515
- Consist 135 hours of classroom (85) and clinical (50) training
Steel Center Area Vocational Technical School
Jefferson Hills, PA
- Cost is $ 600
- Consist 150 hours of classroom and clinical training
- Nine weeks of training
Northampton Community College
- Cost is $ 900
- Consist 128 hours of classroom and clinical training
Sun Area Technical Institute
New Berlin, PA
- Cost is $ 852 includes tuition, textbooks and state exam fee
- Consist 150 hours of classroom (100) and clinical (50) training.