Ever look at a magazine and admire the makeup of your favorite model or movie star? While these celebrities usually travel with a health and beauty staff dedicated to making them look flawless, there are some things you can do to have the same flawless appearance.
Let’s take a look at some tips to make you movie-star beautiful and provide you with some health and beauty dollar savings:
1. Always start your makeup application with concealer. Concealer will hide a multitude of sins – under-eye circles, bags, and blemishes. When blending concealer around your eye area, use your ring finger. The skin around the eye is extremely delicate and using your ring finger makes it less likely to stretch the fragile skin.
2. Before you put on moisturizer, rub your hands together. When you rub your hands together, you warm them slightly which makes the moisturizer absorb into your skin better.
3. Want to have lipstick that lasts for hours. Start by applying your lipstick. Next brush a little loose power on your lips. Blot the powder and lipstick with tissue paper, and reapply the lipstick.
4. Suffering a recent outbreak of pimples? Add a little witch hazel to your foundation. It creates a medicated foundation for treatment of your acne symptoms.
5. Trying to save a little money on make-up? Instead of buying a contouring powder, purchase face powder a few shades darker than your skin tone, and be prepared to blend for a natural look.
6. The best mascara is the most expensive, right? Not at all. Most of the mascaras use similar formulations, and some of the make-up brands are made by the same company. For instance, Lancome and L’Oreal are the same company – just different product lines and packaging. Look for a good mascara that has lengthening and volumizing properties. 7. You don’t need a lot of makeup to look perfect. If your skin is good, use a few touches of concealer, blush, mascara and lip gloss, and set it all with a good loose powder. You’ll look simple and natural.
8. When applying lip gloss, put a small drop on the center of your lip, and gently spread it outwards. This avoids the appearance of too much, and gloppy lips.
9. Make sure you use eye shadow correctly. Darker colors should go towards the outer corner of the eye to make the eye appear open and larger. Use a soft, natural shade towards the inside of your eye (close to the nose area).
Let’s face it, we’re all love to play with health and beauty products. But sometimes, a little makeup goes a long way. While it’s tempting to throw everything on, it just makes you look too made-up. The best health beauty free approach is to go for a natural appearance. You want people to look at you, not your makeup.