Exercise Routines- Deciding on an exercise routine for a fitness program can be a difficult task. Your fitness goals and experience play a part in what you choose to do. The good news is that there are a lot of choices that can make exercising fun as a lifestyle activity. The following styles of exercise can help you decide what you might want to try as part of your workout schedule:
Ten Different Styles of Exercise Routines:
1. Pilates – This is a style of exercise that is similar to yoga. It is a series of non-impact exercises designed by Joseph Pilates to develop strength, flexibility, balance, and inner awareness.
2. Yoga – Yoga exercise can be both spiritual and physical in nature. In the US it is mostly practiced as a physical form of exercise which promotes flexibility, balance, and strength. It can also help to reduce stress because of the calming, non-impact movements.
3. Jazzercise – Many people are looking for ways to stick to an exercise routine. Jazzercise is a fun way to help you stay motivated. You can easily use video sets to workout at home. Or you can find a class to attend if you want a more social experience.
4. Aerobics – Low intensity exercise is a good choice for a program. The low-impact repetitive nature of aerobics works the large muscle groups. Videos and classes are also available.
5. Weight Lifting / strength training – It is important to use resistance training in your routine. Weight lifting is one form that takes some equipment. You can easily combine this style with other more general exercises.
6. Martial Arts – There are various forms and styles that are practiced as a sport. Some of these are: aikido, karate, judo, and tae kwon do. This type of training is usually thought of as self-defense or sport. But it is also a great way to get fit and develop self-defense techniques and fitness at the same time.
7. Cardio – An activity that elevates the resting heart rate would include fairly intense aerobic activity.
8. Running or Sprinting – Running at various paces to increase heart rate and improve health.
9. Water Aerobics – An activity that is good for minimal impact on joints. Body toning and flexibility can be developed.
10. Walking Fit – Walking on a variety of inclines either outdoors or indoors, is still one of the easiest and best ways to get fit and remain fit. It can be adapted to anyone's lifestyle and abilities. Walking can even be made progressive by including hand or ankle weights along with arm movements.
Adding variety to your fitness routine can be a fairly easy thing to do. Just choose one or two types to start with. Rotate your schedule from time to time. Why not try something new? You may find two or more of these activities will fit your lifestyle very well. It's always a good idea to change your routine on a regular basis. Try one or more of these exercise routines.